The weather is warming up and the lake is beckoning. You may have even already been enjoying your dock, your boat lift, and your little slice of lakefront paradise a bit this season. Really, however, the best is yet to come as summer fully kicks in and gets going!
But are you truly, ready? Really, ready?
Use this checklist we’ve provided to ensure your boat dock, boat lift, and all-things-lake-life are in tip-top shape so you can fully enjoy them and have a carefree summer season!
- Check your ramp wheels to make sure the jack is working properly and tires are solid.
- Check your dock and gangway decking to make sure it is in good shape and that there is no rot present.
- Check decking screws to make sure none are sticking up to be a toe-catcher!
- Check the gangway hinge connection for cracks or broken welds.
- Check on anchoring, winches, cables and poles.
- Test power GFCI, test lights and outlets.
- Clean out your dock box from last year and get rid of clutter…
- Make sure your boat battery is fully charged.
- Look at your swim ladder and make sure it is in proper working condition.
- Get rid of old worn out dock lines and replace with new ones.
- Inspect the welds on the dock frame.
- While you’re at it… give your neighbor’s dock a look to make sure it is not in disrepair and a hazard to your dock.
- Give MSI a call to inspect your boat dock today!